I have not been good with resolutions lately.
I still have a lot of projects, but I’ve found that I need to slow down. Take things step by step. Maybe work on accomplishing one routine before attempting a million others.
In light of this, I’d like to spend 2017 being more healthy, active, and creative. There are a lot of potentially cool things coming up and I want to be ready for the ride.
So, this year, here are my goals:
- Post a weekly reflection: This can either be a blog post like this one or a video.
- Read 6+ books for fun: Grad school tends to make my eyes woozy from reading already, so I figured about a book for every 2 months is a better, achievable goal.
- Write 100 words for fun each month: I would like to actually finish a story. A friend of mine finished his book recently, and I’d like to say the same eventually!
- Exercise for 15+ minutes every day: I know, it should be at least 30. But I’m going for achievable here, and I know me.
- Take a picture every day: I’ll post these up in batches every week.
And I think that’s it!
Given, I’m still trying to go salsa dancing regularly and other such activities, but school tends to trump those kinds of routines so I’m not going to add the pressure of making it a resolution because I know that in all likelihood, I won’t be able to attend salsa class every week, depending on course load.
In the spirit of the last one, here is a pic of Cid and his new deer friend that my brother got for me from Nara.
Maybe he’s cosplaying as Prince Ashitaka?
Happy New Year!